Madison Arts Council Arts in Education Grants
Helping our educators in Madison
Madison Arts Council Arts in Education Grant
The Madison Arts Council gave out $2,000 total to four schools in Madison City limits.
- St. John’s Band program. Band director Jonathan Willis received the grant to purchase music, instruments and bring in clinicians for the program’s first Music Performance Assessment.
- Bob Jones High School Band program. Assistant band director Leigh Thomas received the grant to update the band’s technology.
- Discovery Middle School Choir. Ms Marla Jenkins received the grant to buy music, tune their piano, help purchase new uniforms for students who may not be able to purchase them.
- Liberty Middle School Choir. Ms. Marla Jenkins is also over the LMS choir program. The grant was for buying an appropriate keyboard.
2012 Grant Recipients
We are gave almost $2,000 dollars to teachers of Madison schools.
- Courtney Hooper with the Liberty Middle School Drama Department
- Kristy Newsome with the West Madison/Heritage Elementary School Music Department
- Sage Murine with the Columbia/Rainbow Elementary School Art Department
- Sarah Baker with the Liberty Middle School Art Department
The money that the Madison Arts Council will be giving to the teachers will go to help get costumes on the racks and students working with clay in Liberty Middle School. The grants will also be bringing new instruments to two Madison City Elementary Schools. Finally, we are happy that special needs students will have the tools they need to work on their motor skills while creating art.